Friday, June 20, 2014

Happy 6th Birthday Benny!!

 Now We Are Six - A.A. Milne

When I was one I had just begun
When I was two I was nearly new

When I was three I was hardly me
When I was four I was not much more

When I was five I was just alive
But now I am six, I'm as clever as clever;

So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.

 Dear Benny is 6 today. I can't believe it, he is growing up so fast and yet I still remember so vividly lying in bed feeding him as a tiny baby, in a little blue babygro. His body curled into mine, breathing together. And now he is nearly a big boy, he has learnt so much this year, learnt to swim and ride him bike, learnt to read and write. He has nearly finished his first year of school and although it's not his favourite thing in the whole world and although he has been struggling so much with his hearing, he has got through it, he has had fun and made friends and tried so many new things.

 He is so lovely this child, kind and sensitive and so thoughtful and aware of other people's feelings. He still always offers me a 'calm down cuddle' if I am cranky. He lives in a quiet little world of his own much of the time, very content in the games he is playing. He loves the RNLI and is a very proud to have gotten a lifeboat crew outfit and a handknitted rnli jumper from Bubs for his Birthday.
 He also loves the Just William stories and listens intently to them on audio book every night.
 We got him a new bike as well, he needed something bigger and sometime to reflect how much he has grown in ability and physically. He's delighted and is almost as excited to have his own pump to pump up the tyres as he is about the bike!
I hope he had a great day today and felt loved and celebrated. These pictures were from this morning and soon after opening his presents he went to school. Friday is a 'daddy day' so Andy collected him from school and I won't be collecting him until 7pm. So I feel I kind of missed his day, but as long as he had a good time that's fine and we are going to celebrate him again next Saturday when we are having his pirate party.

Happy Birthday dear Benny, we love you xx

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Benny! So grown up learning to swim and ride his bike and he looks chuffed with his presents :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Sam, it seems to have flown by!! He's so happy and that makes me happy too :-)

      Delete