Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Happy 4th Birthday Joa

This morning dear Joa woke up a four year old. He woke up to the sun streaming in through the window and the Birthday table set and waiting for him.
 We lit the Birthday ring and sang Happy Birthday to him,

 Then he opened his presents.

his first real bike

 After we had breakfast and dropped Rebe and Benny to school for their school tour Joa and I spent a lovely morning together, just the two of us.
 We went to the beach and played and practiced cycling.
 I felt so proud of this wee boy. He is such a special man, so full of life and character. Nothing is scary for him, nothing too much of a challenge. He taught himself to swim unaided a few weeks ago, he can now also ride a bike.
 He is also 100% pure nuts and often says things so funny I have tears of laughter streaming down my face. Last week for example he was dancing in the garden to imaginary music. I told him to do something (I can't remember now what it was) but he just said 'I can't hear you, the music is too loud!' Most of the time he lives his life as a very sweet, carefree and cheeky little dog called Johnny Pumpkin and narrates what he is doing in the third person, saying things like, 'Oh Johnny Pumpkin, him like that, him does!'.

Anyway, after lunch Joa and I went to meet Rebe and Benny from the bus. They were hot and tired but had had the most wonderful school trip. We popped home to pick up the Birthday cake and then headed into town to the pub where Garry works. We decided to have dinner and do the cake there as a treat for Joa (and for me) and so that Garry wouldn't miss out on the celebrations.
We got there to find Garry had reserved us a table and decorated all around with balloons and streamers.

While we waited for our meal we played a great game that Rebe had gotten from Bubs as an 'unbirthday present'.

 We had a scrummy dinner and then we lit the candles on Joa's cake (thank goodness he decided he wanted a dog cake up: until last week he had his heart set on a Christmas tree cake!)



 It was such a lovely day and I think he felt special and celebrated. When I was tucking him in just now I asked him what he liked best about his Birthday and he said 'Having a good time!'

Happy Birthday sweet boy xxx

3 comments:

  1. Aww Happy Birthday Joa, looks like a fabulous day and he sounds a real character :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Joa! And to you as well, mama! (:
    It gladdens my heart to see you all so very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I remember when Joa was born! What a precious gem he is! Next it's my little fella. . . .
    Happy Happy Birthday, and huge hugs!

    ReplyDelete