Friday, February 17, 2012

painting...

Today was one of those days. We were all a bit tired thanks to an aborted 'sleep over' attempt by Rebe and Benny last night and Benny having bad dreams after that. It seemed that every 5 minutes I was taking a deep breath and thinking 'right, start again, nice mummy thoughts...' and within 2 or 3 minutes another argument broke out, more toys were snatched, Benny wouldn't listen to us yet again. So I took a deep breath and thought the boys might like to loose themselves in painting for a wee while (Rebe had gone out to fly her kite). I thought they might be soothed by the liquid motion of the paint over the page. I thought they might enjoy the swirl of the paint in their clean water. I thought they would enjoy the smell of the fresh paint and the delicious colours before they all got mixed to brown. I set them up, turned my back to them to do the washing up and...


oh...hmm...
ach...
damn it!
Lucky I love you Joa!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, bless them, some days are just like that aren't they. Its lucky us mummies are so patient! After all, how could you be cross for long with a wee face like that. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear!!! Who could be mad at such a sweet face :) My house cannot wait for Spring and outside paint time!!!

    ReplyDelete